t 15

Monday, August 22, 2011

Change is in the Air

Life right now is so exciting yet completely unevenful. I leave for BYU-Idaho in twelve days and my room  has been invaded by all my college supplies (dishes, pots, pans, boots, backpacks, basically everything you would need to live away from home). I get so excited everytime I see all my new stuff and try to imagine what my "new" life will be like. Only time will tell. Shopping (and hunting for the good prices) with my mom has been one of my favorite parts of my summer! On the down side most of my friends and family are either in school, at college, or working so I'm home alone alot with nothing to do. Christine leaves for school this week which puts me completely alone untill 2;00 in the afternoon, but at least I get the car! Lol. At the rate my life is going though, it seems that college will never come. Oh well, I just have to find ways to keep myself busy (today I took almost the entire day to do the five chores that normally take me only two hours, kind of productive right?). As college approaches, the sadness and anxiousness rises with the excitement. I'm finding it harder to be alone, especially at home, because it gives me too much time to think about how I won't be able to see my family and most of my friends everyday. And as excited as I am to finally start packing, I'm also a little hesitant to because I'm afraid I'll break down at the fact that I have to leave alot of my stuff behind. It's quite the weird mix of emotions. My life will never be the same again but that is the best thing that could be happening! Otherwise, I would be at a standstill and would not be able to move on, progress, or develop myself. I'm so excited for college and for all the new experiences and adventures that I will find there!

No comments:

Post a Comment